In this episode, Dr. Lisa and Dr. Toni review their favourite “Mama Must-Have” recommendations from the past 100 episodes. These tips and products make their lives easier and are great ways for you and your family to stay healthy and happy. They include our favourite foods, drinks, books, essential oils, body care products, apps and more! You can use for ideas of things to add to your holiday wish list.
- Hella Hydrating Facial Serum with rosehips and hyaluronic acid from Joyous Health
- Shared on Episode 78 with Joy McCarthy
- Can use with cool Jade roller
- Essential oils
- Shared on Episode 93 with Barbara Rempel
- Lavender in bath and diluted in fractionated coconut oil on bottoms of feet to relax kids at night
- Grapefruit, lemon, wild orange for reducing stress and increasing energy
- Peppermint topically for muscle tension
- Eucalyptus or easy air in steam inhalations or shower, diluted topically on bottoms of feet and chest
- Insight timer app, Ten Percent Happier app – Ted Lasso and Taming Anxiety challenges
- 10 minute Path to Presence Meditation
- Shared on Episode 95 with Fran Watson – download for free her
- Bullet journal for stress reduction
- Shared on Episode 11 with Nicole North
- Our favourite supplements include:
- Zonli weighted blanket, sleep mask, Soundscreen white noise machine for sleep support
- Shared on Episode 73
- Hydrotherapy – cold showers and wet sock treatment for energy, immune and circulation support
- Designs for Health Paleo protein powder with almond or oat milk for sugar free hot chocolate
- Shared on Episode 57 with Dr. Penny Kendall-Reed
- Smoothie bowls for kids with Smart Sweets gummy bears
- Shared on Episode 54 with Joy McCarthy
- Other easy recipes:
- Dwarf Stars pumpkin seed butter cups (sugar free), Giddy Yoyo chocolate; zazubean, Aussie carob co.
- Crunchy snacks: Lesser Evil power curls, plantain chips, Beanitos black bean and pinto bean tortilla chips
- Book: Beyond The Label by Dr. Christina Bjorndal
- Shared on Episode 101
Today’s Mama Must Have:
Dr. Lisa is a big fan of her hand held massager to release tight shoulder and back muscles.
Dr. Toni is excited to watch the recently released documentary The Business of Birth Control by Ricki Lake and Abby Epstein, who also created The Business of Being Born and Weed the People.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Disclaimer: The information provided in this presentation is not meant to replace treatment with a licensed health care practitioner. It is for informational purposes only. Consult with a Naturopathic Doctor or other licensed health care professional to determine which treatments are safe for you.