In this episode, Dr. Toni welcomes back Dr. Kate Hadfield to discuss everything you need to know about your cervix, an often overlooked and unknown part of your body. Did you know that you have a huge amount of influence over the health of your cervix and how your body deals with HPV and cervical dysplasia? If you dread getting Pap smears and ever wondered if we still need to subject ourselves to invasive and traumatic Paps anyway, you need to listen to this episode.
Dr. Toni and Dr. Kate discussed pelvic health for women and Holistic Pelvic CareTM in Episode 36
As a naturopathic doctor, birth doula and lactation educator, Dr. Kate is passionate about helping women connect to their creative center and their natural body rhythms. She trained with physical therapist Tami Kent to be able to provide Holistic Pelvic CareTM, which is a gentle internal bodywork treatment with a mind-body approach. She now offers empowered Pap smears and escharotic treatment for cervical dysplasia.
In today’s episode, we cover:
- What and where is your cervix
- What an empowered Pap looks like
- How to check your cervix yourself
- If Pap smears are still necessary and if you can do it yourself
- How HPV is linked with cervical dysplasia and abnormal Paps
- For more info on vaccine optimization, see Episode 58 with Dr. Taylor Bean
- The different grades of cervical dysplasia
- How your immune health is related to persistent HPV infection and cervical dysplasia
- Your cervix has its own immune cells!
- Nutrients that are important for immune function and addressing cervical dysplasia
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Mushroom combinations such as reishi, shitake, chaga, etc.
- How topical escharotic treatment works to naturally address cervical dysplasia, compared to colposcopy, LEEP and laser treatment
Connect with Dr. Kate on Instagram @yourpelvicnd and at https://www.yourpelvicnd.com/
Today’s Mama Must Have:
Dr. Kate is a big fan of reformer pilates for building strength.
Dr. Toni loves tracking her sleep, stress and overall health with the Oura ring.
What else we’re up to:
Dr. Lisa’s next Wild Collective group is starting later this spring – get on the waitlist at https://www.wildcollectivetoronto.com/
Dr. Toni’s next HypnoBirthing class series starting in April – for more info on a free online masterclass to reduce fear and anxiety around birth, go to https://www.hypnobirthingcalgary.com/
Thank you for joining us today!
Email us or connect with us on Facebook and Instagram. We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5-star rating if you enjoyed this episode. You can also support us by visiting our Patreon page.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Disclaimer: The information provided in this presentation is not meant to replace treatment with a licensed health care practitioner. It is for informational purposes only. Consult with a Naturopathic Doctor or other licensed health care professional to determine which treatments are safe for you.