In this episode, Dr. Toni welcomes back Dr. Kate Hadfield for another conversation to discuss more about what you need to know about your cervix. In this deeper dive conversation, we discuss how stress, anxiety and shame can be involved with HPV infections, abnormal Pap smear results and cervical dysplasia. Learn how you can take charge of the health of your cervix with a holistic approach.
As a naturopathic doctor, birth doula and lactation educator, Dr. Kate is passionate about helping women connect to their creative center and their natural body rhythms. She trained with physical therapist Tami Kent to be able to provide Holistic Pelvic CareTM, which is a gentle internal bodywork treatment with a mind-body approach. She now offers empowered Pap smears and escharotic treatment for cervical dysplasia.
In today’s episode, we cover:
- How you can be proactive to support the health of your cervix, especially if you receive abnormal Pap smear results
- How HPV is linked with cervical dysplasia and abnormal Paps
- How your immune health is related to persistent HPV infection and cervical dysplasia
- Your cervix has its own immune cells!
- What lifestyle factors could be acting as a block for your immune system to clear a HPV infection causing cervical dysplasia
- High intake of processed foods and sugars
- Prolonged stress, anxiety and mental-emotional vigilance
- Poor sleep
- Foods that are important for immune function and addressing cervical dysplasia
- Brassica family vegetables – broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kale
- Carotene containing vegetables – carrots, squash
- The subjective nature and high error rate of your Pap smear results
- Other factors can be involved with HPV infection and cervical dysplasia
- Insulin resistance
- Liver function
- Mitochondrial function
- Emotional links
Connect with Dr. Kate on Instagram @yourpelvicnd and at https://www.yourpelvicnd.com/
Today’s Mama Must Have:
Dr. Kate loves her Wee Hoo trailer for her e-bike for family adventures
Dr. Toni is a big fan of Breaking Points with Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti, an independent online news show that provides a politically balanced, questioning analysis of today’s news.
What else we’re up to:
Dr. Lisa’s next Wild Collective group is starting later this spring – get on the waitlist at https://www.wildcollectivetoronto.com/
Dr. Toni’s next HypnoBirthing class series starting in April – for more info on a free online masterclass to reduce fear and anxiety around birth, go to https://www.hypnobirthingcalgary.com/
Thank you for joining us today!
Email us or connect with us on Facebook and Instagram. We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5-star rating if you enjoyed this episode. You can also support us by visiting our Patreon page.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Disclaimer: The information provided in this presentation is not meant to replace treatment with a licensed health care practitioner. It is for informational purposes only. Consult with a Naturopathic Doctor or other licensed health care professional to determine which treatments are safe for you.