In today’s episode, Dr. Toni talks with psychologist and founder of SheWorth, Kimberly Mueller, about her personal experience with COVID-19 symptoms, testing positive and recovering from COVID-19. Kim was one of the first people who tested positive and recovered in the province of Alberta where she lives.
In this episode, we cover
- What symptoms of COVID-19 Kim experienced: body aches, fever, mild shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, mild sore throat, complete loss of taste and smell
- How she processed the shock of testing positive
- Dealing with being sick and talking about COVID-19 with her young kids
- The thought process behind deciding who and when to tell about testing positive
- How to see the COVID-19 pandemic as an opportunity
- The ways that different age groups and personality types respond and behave to recommendations for self-isolation and distancing
- How to measure the Big 5 personality traits to determine the different personality types of you and your family members
- Openness to Experience
- Extroversion vs. Introversion
- Agreeableness vs. Disagreeableness
Powerful Mama Advice:
Be mindful of your intake of media. Don’t watch the news constantly. Put a daily time limit on what you watch or read about COVID-19.
Focus on what you can control – even if it’s just taking a shower or getting outside for a few minutes.
Set aside some worry time each day, then shift your mindset with thought stopping, engaging with friends or family, or pursuing a hobby or other activity.
Articles and Websites Mentioned:
New York Times article about the loss of smell with COVID-19.
Personality Test on SheWorth.
Today’s Mama Must Have:
Thank you for joining us today!
Have any comments, suggestions or burning questions? Email us or connect with us on Facebook and Instagram. We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5 star rating if you enjoyed this episode.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!