In this episode, Dr. Toni reviews her experience going through perimenopause into menopause with Dr. Lisa. This transition can look different for every woman and sometimes happens a little earlier than you expect, like it did for Dr. Toni. The only thing predictable about perimenopause is that it’s unpredictable!
In today’s episode, we cover:
- What is menopause, premature menopause and early menopause
- Potential reasons why you could experience premature or early menopause
- The variety of symptoms that you can experience in perimenopause and menopause
- Important health considerations if you experience premature or early menopause
- Lab testing for hormones you can consider in perimenopause and menopause
- For more info on surrogacy, see Episode 152
- To listen to Kari Klein’s journey, see Episode 9
Today’s Mama Must-Have:
Dr. Lisa is a big fan of using melatonin with kids before bed for supporting bedtime changes.
Dr. Toni loves the Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee, especially when dealing with daylight savings time.
What’s Else is Happening?
Dr. Toni’s next HypnoBirthing session for expecting parents looking to decrease fear and anxiety to support their natural instincts around labour and birth is next month. Join her at https://www.hypnobirthingcalgary.com/register
Sign up for Dr. Lisa’s free webinar: “How to Thrive in Perimenopause and Beyond” (on Mar 29th or Apr 3rd) here
Join Dr. Lisa’s new Facebook group Wild Woman Adventures Toronto if you want to get out in nature, connect with other women and push yourself out of your comfort zone. Activities include: sunrise/sunset SUP, tree-top trekking, a new moon workshop and more!
Thanks for joining us!
We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5-star rating if you enjoyed this episode.
You can also support us by visiting our Patreon page.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Disclaimer: The information provided is not meant to replace treatment with a licensed health care practitioner. It is for informational purposes only. Consult with a Naturopathic Doctor or other licensed health care professional to determine which treatments are safe for you.