In today’s episode, Dr. Lisa talks with Valeri Hall-Little, Efficiency Business Coach and Tech Guru, about how busy mamas can leverage routines, mindfulness and technology to maximize productivity, efficiency and energy while minimizing overwhelm and mental exhaustion.
Valeri discusses how to use simple tech tools (such as apps for: meditation, note-taking, task-management and streamlining to-do lists) to help you step back from the daily grind and improve the flow of your day (even if you are working from home right now and are trying to care for your kids at the same time!). She also emphasizes the importance of taking breaks from work and technology, when needed, to recharge and refocus.
In today’s episode, we cover:
- The importance of sticking to a routine, juggling your schedule with your partner according to the times each of you are the most productive and harnessing the times when you can focus on work
- Different morning routines to set the tone for a productive day, even if you only have 2 minutes
- How combining movement and mindfulness can jump start your focus and attention during the day
- The importance of using technology that serves you and makes your life easier (and avoiding technology that drains and overwhelms you)
- How to easily compile and access all your online resources using tagging with Pocket
- Why now is a good time to play with your technology and increase your mastery with tech tools that help you like Evernote
- How taking the time to “sharpen your saw” and plan is key so that you’re working on the right things and doing it as effectively and efficiently, and not getting stuck in busy work
- The need to recognize that the most productive thing you could be doing right now is to stop working and take a break
- The importance of the ergonomics of your workspace at home
- How noise-cancelling headphones can Increase your focus and decrease interruptions while working from home
Get Valeri’s FREE Ultimate Guide to Untangle Your Tech
Today’s Mama Must Have:
Valeri is using the Calm app as a sanity saver – not only to meditate, but also to fall asleep to the ocean soundscape function. She is also listening to Calm’s sleep stories and masterclasses, starting and ending her day with it.
She is also loving Zoom to connect with family and friends, especially for special birthday celebrations.
Thank you for joining us today!
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe everyone!