Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 57:13 — 45.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | Deezer | RSS | More
You don’t want to miss this episode! Dr. Stacy shares many truth bombs that will help you: shift your perspective on your body image; transform pain into gain; use the “pause” during perimenopause (and menopause) to look within to see what is and isn’t serving you in your life; why you need to put yourself first; and how to build awareness and resiliency by incorporating her unique journaling practice into your routine. Learn how to come into who you really are as a woman transitioning into perimenopause and menopause.
Dr. Stacy is a clinical psychologist, CEO and Clinical Director of the Design Your Life Centre, and host of the Mindful Parenting Summit. Her work with clients interweaves: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, mindfulness, mental skills for high performance, and clinical hypnosis, with a keen understanding of the limiting life patterns that need to be broken in order for us to break free and truly show up as our authentic selves. Her mission to democratize mental health motivated her to create The Growing Forward Journal and The Growing Forward Soul School, an online community focused on helping people grow consciously through whatever life brings.
In this episode, we cover:
- The idea of embracing the “pause” in perimenopause (and menopause) to reflect on what you really want in life
- How stressful events as children can cause anxiety and trauma by impacting on your ability to maintain emotional boundaries
- The importance of listening to your body when you are being ruled by a pattern of: showing up completely for others, putting yourself last and believing that whatever is happening to you doesn’t matter
- How to embrace the changes in your body that you are noticing and stop taking a dump on your body!
- The idea of living in your body instead of being outside of your body
- How to practice listening and tapping into the truth and answers within yourself
- The Growing Forward Journal – a tool based on the understanding that in order to grow, you must leave something behind
- The idea that growth is always uncomfortable and that your mindset allows you to get through it to a place where you can accept what is instead of pushing and fighting against it
- The importance of letting go and healing from an old theme or story in your life
- How you are socialized to be accommodating and how hormone fluctuations can actually reveal the truth instead of stuffing it down
- The importance of giving yourself empathy and compassion and how to do it (by repeating these 3 phases to yourself every morning):
- “There is nothing you can say, think or feel that would ever compromise my regard for you”
- “There is nothing you can say, think or feel that would ever compromise my respect for you”
- “There is nothing you can say, think or feel that would ever compromise my love for you”
- How daily practices can build your resilience during stressful times
- Recognize 3 unique moments of gratitude for the day
- Noticing 3 moments of joy and things that you enjoy
- Noticing 3 areas of competence and things that you do well that mad you feel confident
- The importance of creating and adding to your brain’s treasure box (by storing and re-living happy memories) to move away from your brain’s natural tendency to focus on the negative
Check out Dr. Stacy’s website and follow her on Instagram.
You can find The Growing Forward Journal HERE.
Today’s Mama Must Have:
Dr. Lisa uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) for improving her sleep.
Dr. Stacy always has her journal and a special pen (purple with unicorns!) on her.
Thank you for joining us today!
Email us or connect with us on Facebook and Instagram. We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5-star rating if you enjoyed this episode.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe everyone!