Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 58:22 — 46.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | Deezer | RSS | More
In today’s episode, Dr. Toni talks with Dr. Kate Hadfield ND about how your: lineage; birth experience (even if it was decades ago); creativity (or lack thereof); and stress level can impact your pelvic health. They also discuss how to go to the bathroom properly and become empowered about your pelvic health.
Dr. Kate Hadfield, ND, provides a very different approach to pelvic floor health with Holistic Pelvic CareTM.
As a naturopathic doctor, birth doula and lactation educator, Dr. Kate is passionate about helping women connect to their creative center and their natural body rhythms. She trained with physical therapist Tami Kent to be able to provide Holistic Pelvic CareTM, which is a gentle internal bodywork treatment with a mind-body approach.
In this episode, we cover:
- How symptoms around our reproductive system and menstrual cycles aren’t just about our physical or hormonal health
- The need to get in touch with both your masculine and feminine aspects
- How your lineage can impact your pelvic health
- The impact that your birth experiences can have on any pelvic symptoms, whether it was 1 year, 4 years or 20 years ago
- How your pelvic bowl isn’t just about birth – it is linked to your creative centre
- Why the way you go to the bathroom does not match your instincts
- How the language around our anatomy is historically and emotionally charged
- The importance of addressing traumatic experiences
- How Holistic Pelvic Care can be used to address:
- Urinary incontinence and organ prolapse
- Painful sex and sexual dysfunction
- Chronic urinary tract infections and vaginal infection
- Menstrual Pain
- Fertility support
- Healing after miscarriage or abortion
“We are all the answers to our ancestors’ prayers”
You can find Dr. Kate at her website and on Instagram @yourpelvicnd for more information on Holistic Pelvic Care, Empowered Paps and Wild Feminine online book club
Check out how your cervix changes throughout your menstrual cycle at the Beautiful Cervix website.
Today’s Mama Must Have:
Dr. Toni relies heavily on Mushroom Coffee with Lion’s Mane by Four Sigmatic, especially on the days she is supporting her patients through labour and birth.
Dr. Kate believes that every woman needs her own creative outlet, which can support her overall pelvic health and well-being.
Dr. Toni is also a big fan of the family plate approach discussed by holistic nutrition coach Amanda Beatty back in Episode 5.
Thank you for joining us today!
Email us or connect with us on Facebook and Instagram. We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5-star rating if you enjoyed this episode.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe everyone!