In today’s episode, Dr. Toni has a candid conversation with transformational coach Kari Klein about her experience as a perimenopausal mama.
In this episode, we cover Kari’s journey with:
- Quickly going from pregnancy to perimenopause to menopause
- The impact of blood sugar swings on brain function
- Shifting diet to more healthy fats and less refined carbohydrates
- Feelings of depression, irritability and rage impacting her parenting
- Looking for the deeper root behind what wasn’t working
- Dutch hormone testing determining high estrogen and low progesterone
- How liver and progesterone support was the key to quickly create emotional balance
- Recognizing that was is seen as “normal” or common is not natural or optimal
- How adrenal support was not the answer to the feeling of “running on empty”
- The importance of slowing down to speed it up
- Coaching women (and their partners) to tap into their wisdom to reduce stress
- Shifting her feelings around intimacy in her marriage after having a baby
Powerful Mama Advice from Kari:
If you look at our species as a whole, we are running on fumes and we are out of our natural habitat. By giving grace to yourself, you can look at how you’ve moved away from what is natural for you.
Want to connect with Kari? Find her on Instagram @thislifekariklein and online at kariklein.ca
Today’s Mama Must Have:
Kari shares how the Gro Clock has made a huge difference in how she starts her and her son start their day and how she gets things done in the morning. Find it online HERE.
As an Amazon Associate Dr. Toni earns from qualifying purchases, which helps to keep this podcast up and running!
Thank you for joining us today!
Have any comments, suggestions or burning questions? Email us or connect with us on Facebook and Instagram. We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5 star rating if you enjoyed this episode.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!