Episode 67: The Mind-Body Connection Behind Autoimmunity with Kari Klein
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 57:21 — 45.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | Deezer | RSS | More
In today’s episode, Dr. Toni welcomes back transformational coach Kari Klein to talk about the mind-body connection behind autoimmune conditions and how the mind is a key to true healing, bringing the idea of stress management to a whole new level. If you have the tendency to overthink things and you’re feeling a lot of pressure, overwhelm and fear, you need to listen in on this conversation, even if you don’t have an autoimmune condition.
In Episode 9, Kari shared her story of recognizing and addressing hormone imbalance which impacted her brain function and mood.
As a mom and chiropractor trained in functional neurology, Kari Klein has offered wellness care for families for many years. By providing transformational coaching and deep-dive conversations that produce a new level of self-awareness, Kari is passionate about guiding women and men to discover themselves and their potential, unlocking their power and connecting them with the knowledge of who they fully are and what they are really here to do.
What is an autoimmune condition?
With autoimmune conditions like Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis and lupus, your immune system is triggered to create antibodies against your own tissue.
It is common for women to experience the onset or flare of an autoimmune condition postpartum or soon after having kids.
A naturopathic approach to addressing autoimmune conditions involves supporting your immune system’s balance, gut and liver health, and stress management.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The focus on doing vs. being human
- How you can get mis-identified with your body and the chaos of your life instead of the essence of who you are
- How when you connect with how you are designed by nature, it is easier to manage stress
- Where expectations, pressures and demands around being a mom come from and the autopilot setting you can be living in that can keep you feeling separate
- How to recognize the training or programming you picked up so you can let it go
- Why you don’t need to be better and how to reconnect to your true nature and your intuition
- The impact of fear on your health and your inability to be present with your kids
- How the mind can create burnout and help you heal from burnout
- The power behind recognizing that you’re not broken and don’t need to be fixed
Kari mentions the book Why Don’t Zebras Get Ulcers by Robert Sapolsky
Want to connect with Kari? Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org and find her on Facebook and Instagram @thislifekariklein
Today’s Mama Must Have:
Kari loves using Sistema® lunch boxes with separate containers for her little guy.
Dr. Toni can’t imagine life without a simple white noise machine (set on rainfall setting) and a fan to help support a full night’s sleep.
Thank you for joining us today!
Have any comments, suggestions or burning questions? Email us or connect with us on Facebook and Instagram. We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5-star rating if you enjoyed this episode.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe and healthy everyone!