In this episode re-release from 2021, Dr. Lisa talks with Self Love & Body Confidence Coach Kayla Marie about the judgement almost all of us experience when it comes to our bodies, especially after having kids and as we get older. Are you in a fight against your body and have a negative body image? This is an important conversation you need to listen to!
Kayla Marie is a Certified Access Bars Practitioner, Professional Photographer, and a Self Love & Body Confidence Coach for women. She’s passionate about inspiring women to get out of judgment of their bodies so they can finally stop worrying about what they look like and show up & shine in their lives. Her story of triumph over bullying, death, divorce, and poor body image has inspired many people around the world to experience the peace, joy & freedom that comes with true self-love and confidence.
In this episode, we cover:
- How body neutrality and self acceptance is a great place to start on the journey to self love and confidence
- The difference between body confidence and body positivity
- How not to care about what other people think of you
- Steps you can take to develop more self-awareness around social media, diversify your social media feed and prevent comparison-itis
- How the practice of gratitude can help shift you to a place of love
- 3 statements of positivity to cancel out 1 statement of negativity
- Hawaiian practice of Ho’oponopono
- I’m sorry
- Please forgive me
- Thank you
- I love you
- The ups and down you can experience with self acceptance and body confidence
- Stacking your work towards body confidence with your daily routine to develop your practice as a habit
- Making your nutrition and health practices align with self love and body confidence
- Tuning into your body to listen to eat more intuitively
Connect with Kayla Marie on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/confident.kayla.marie
and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/confident.kayla.marie/
or email her at email@example.com
Today’s Mama Must Have:
Dr. Lisa is a big fan of using mini resistance bands to mix things up for my workouts, especially with videos on Heather Robertson YouTube channel.
Kayla loves prioritizing her sleep and might have a social media detox as a must have in the future!
What’s Else is Happening?
Dr. Toni’s next HypnoBirthing session for expecting parents looking to decrease fear and anxiety to support their natural instincts around labour and birth is next month. Join her at https://www.hypnobirthingcalgary.com/register
Join Dr. Lisa’s upcoming Wild Collective group for perimenopausal women at www.wildcollectivetoronto.com
Join Dr. Lisa’s new Facebook group Wild Woman Adventures Toronto if you want to get out in nature, connect with other women and push yourself out of your comfort zone. Activities include: sunrise/sunset SUP, tree-top trekking, a new moon workshop and more!
Thanks for joining us!
We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5-star rating if you enjoyed this episode.
You can also support us by visiting our Patreon page.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Disclaimer:The information provided is not meant to replace treatment with a licensed health care practitioner. It is for informational purposes only. Consult with a Naturopathic Doctor or other licensed health care professional to determine which treatments are safe for you.