Episode 91: The Journey to Self Love & Body Confidence with Kayla Marie
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 53:24 — 42.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | Deezer | RSS | More
In today’s episode, Dr. Lisa talks with Self Love & Body Confidence Coach Kayla Marie about the judgement almost all of us experience when it comes to our bodies, especially after having kids and as we get older. Are you in a fight against your body and have a negative body image? This is an important conversation you need to listen to!
Kayla Marie is a Certified Access Bars Practitioner, Professional Photographer, and a Self Love & Body Confidence Coach for women. She’s passionate about inspiring women to get out of judgment of their bodies so they can finally stop worrying about what they look like and show up & shine in their lives. Her story of triumph over bullying, death, divorce, and poor body image has inspired many people around the world to experience the peace, joy & freedom that comes with true self-love and confidence.
In this episode, we cover:
- How body neutrality and self acceptance is a great place to start on the journey to self love and confidence
- The difference between body confidence and body positivity
- How not to care about what other people think of you
- Steps you can take to develop more self-awareness around social media, diversify your social media feed and prevent comparison-itis
- How the practice of gratitude can help shift you to a place of love
- 3 statements of positivity to cancel out 1 statement of negativity
- Hawaiian practice of Ho’oponopono
- I’m sorry
- Please forgive me
- Thank you
- I love you
- The ups and down you can experience with self acceptance and body confidence
- Stacking your work towards body confidence with your daily routine to develop your practice as a habit
- Making your nutrition and health practices align with self love and body confidence
- Tuning into your body to listen to eat more intuitively
Connect with Kayla Marie on Facebook.
and Instagram: @confident.kayla.marie
or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Book a complementary discovery call with Kayla Marie to learn more about her Body Bliss Boot Camps and receive a free Body Love meditation to release judgement here:
Today’s Mama Must Have:
Dr. Lisa is a big fan of using mini resistance bands to mix things up for my workouts, especially with videos on Heather Robertson YouTube channel.
Kayla loves prioritizing her sleep and might have a social media detox as a must have in the future!
Dr. Toni’s next HypnoBirthing info session for expecting parents looking to trust their instincts and their body during labour and birth is this month. Join her at https://www.hypnobirthingcalgary.com/register
Dr. Lisa’s Wild Collective begins again in Fall 2021! Sign up for one of the free master classes on Mon Sept 27th at 7pm or Thurs Sept 30th at 2pm at: wildcollectivetoronto.com
Email us or connect with us on Facebook and Instagram.
We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5-star rating if you enjoyed this episode.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Disclaimer: The information provided in this presentation is not meant to replace treatment with a licensed health care practitioner. It is for informational purposes only. Consult with a Naturopathic Doctor or other licensed health care professional to determine which treatments are safe for you.