In this newly-released episode, Dr. Lisa chats with Jennifer Brown about using social media and technology in ways that can help our mental and physical health in positive ways. It is way too easy for you and your kids to be negatively affected by social media with increased bullying, as well as feelings of anxiety and self-criticism. Thankfully, throwing away your phone is not the only solution. If you find yourself wasting your precious hours by mindlessly scrolling and don’t feel good about yourself after, you need to listen in!
Jennifer Brown is a marketing professional-turned M.Ed student eager to combine the two fields to create positive change. She’s worked widely in marketing communications as a director, publicist and entrepreneur, earning an industry award from PR in Canada. Friends and family inspire her research interests. As a lifelong friend of Dr. Lisa Weeks, Jennifer wove naturopathic strategies into her wellness journey early on.
In today’s episode, we cover:
- How you can limit your time on social media apps like Instagram
- The importance of consuming content that adds happiness to your day
- How you can release any negative feelings you might experience while scrolling
- The importance of curating your online experience to make it a positive one
- How you can keep your kids safe online from cyberbullying and help them use interactive media in a way that creates a positive effect on their overall physical and mental well-being
- The importance of being intentional with your use of social media
Boston Children’s Hospital’s Family Digital Wellness Guide
Mental Health Commission of Canada’s “Protecting Your Mental Wellness on Social Media”
Join Dr. Toni online to learn more about self-hypnosis to support your health and hormones in 2024. Click Here and use the code MAMA2024 for a special deal.
Thanks for listening!
We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5-star rating if you enjoyed this episode.
You can also support us by visiting our Patreon page.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Disclaimer: The information provided in this presentation is not meant to replace treatment with a licensed health care practitioner. It is for informational purposes only. Consult with a Naturopathic Doctor or other licensed health care professional to determine which treatments are safe for you.