In this episode, Dr. Toni discusses how setting and enforcing boundaries is essential to prevent burnout with Dr. Liz Bolen. If you are exhausted and find yourself automatically saying yes when you mean no, it’s time to look at your boundaries. Too many of us put the needs and feelings of others ahead of our own. It’s time to reclaim your space and energy, instead of hoping and wishing that someone will do it for you.
Dr. Liz Bolen is a naturopathic doctor and the founder of the Bolen Health Institute. Liz is a wonderful guide on the journey of bridging science, medicine and magic in the field of Quantum Healing. Feeling trapped and a black sheep all her life, Dr. Liz fostered her inner resilience by pushing herself to find freedom that allows her to thrive. The poster child for perfectionist and overachiever, Dr. Liz has adopted imperfect action and finds triumph through wielding the magic of being high functioning. She is a truly authentic soul that sees everyone’s inner magnificence and listens nonjudgmentally while holding a sacred space for transformation. She has the ability to call people out for their BS as she compassionately guides people forward, despite themselves, to guarantee their success.
In today’s episode, we cover:
- The difference between putting a wall up and setting healthy boundaries
- Why listening to yourself is the foundation for having healthy boundaries
- The magic formula for setting and enforcing boundaries
- How no is a complete sentence
- Why you are responsible for being clear with conditions and consequences in order to create safety and respect around your boundaries
- How feeling anger and experiencing drama and chaos relates to your boundaries
- Why 99% of boundary breaks are about you
- The importance of re-programming yourself out of being a good girl
- How practice is key for setting your boundaries
- See Episode 143 on your personal needs
Connect with Dr. Liz for a Zoom tea at https://bolenhealthinstitute.com/
Today’s Mama Must-Have:
Dr. Liz recommends locking out time for yourself at least one day a week
Dr. Toni is a big fan of overnight chia pudding jars for a quick healthy breakfast at home or to go
What’s Else is Happening?
Dr. Toni’s next HypnoBirthing session for expecting parents looking to decrease fear and anxiety to support their natural instincts around labour and birth is this month. Join her at https://www.hypnobirthingcalgary.com/register
Join Dr. Lisa’s new Facebook group Wild Woman Adventures Toronto if you want to get out in nature, connect with other women and push yourself out of your comfort zone. Activities include: sunrise/sunset SUP, tree-top trekking, a new moon workshop and more!
Thanks for joining us!
We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5-star rating if you enjoyed this episode.
You can also support us by visiting our Patreon page.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Disclaimer: The information provided is not meant to replace treatment with a licensed health care practitioner. It is for informational purposes only. Consult with a Naturopathic Doctor or other licensed health care professional to determine which treatments are safe for you.