Episode 144: How to Fight Loneliness, Live Longer AND Experience Real Transformation
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 34:56 — 28.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | Deezer | RSS | More
In this episode, Dr. Lisa shares the benefits of community medicine and reveals that social isolation is just as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarettes per day AND can shorten your life by up to 8 years! Discover how you can take advantage of this unique approach to health that enables you to: up-level your body literacy; unpack and overcome your challenges in a supportive community environment; experience powerful health transformations that otherwise seem impossible to do on your own; and put on your oxygen mask first to then be able to give to those around you, without feeling drained and resentful.
The pandemic has left so many women feeling disconnected, unfulfilled and “going through the motions” of life without any purpose or passion. Did you know there is another way to health care, outside of the regular one-on-one medical visits? Community medicine is the wave of the future; loneliness and social isolation numbers are on the rise and community medicine is the answer.
In this episode, we cover:
- Why Britain appointed a Minister of Loneliness
- How loneliness affects your health
- How habits and happiness are contagious and can spread depending on who has influence over you
- Why different community projects like Wild Collective can improve your body literacy, as well as expanding your social network and helping you achieve your needs
What is the Wild Collective about?
- International and revolutionary women’s health community initiative
- Recipe for connection and community; remedy for loneliness; instruction manual for your body, health and lab testing
- Actionable items to start to up-level your health, mindset and relationships
- Empowered health education to be your own health advocate (and for your family), know which questions to ask and which lab tests to ask for
- Learn in-depth about digestion, detox, thyroid, hormones, blood sugar, nutrition
The Wild Collective is the answer to loneliness, social isolation, overwhelm and feeling disempowered on your healing journey.
INFO SESSION DATES: Mon Oct 3rd at 7pm EST and Thurs Oct 6th at 2pm EST
Spots are limited to 20 women to establish connection and allow enough time for women to share
Today’s Mama Must Have:
Dr. Lisa is a big fan of the show Dietland on Prime Video
What’s Else is Happening?
Dr. Toni’s next HypnoBirthing session for expecting parents looking to decrease fear and anxiety to support their natural instincts around labour and birth is happening this fall. Join her at https://www.hypnobirthingcalgary.com/register
Join Dr. Lisa’s new Meetup group Wild Woman Adventures Toronto if you want to get out in nature, connect with other women and push yourself out of your comfort zone. Activities include: sunrise/sunset SUP, tree-top trekking, a new moon workshop and more!
Dr. Lisa’s Wild Collective in Fall 2022: get on the waitlist: wildcollectivetoronto.com
Email us or connect with us on Facebook and Instagram.
We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5-star rating if you enjoyed this episode.
You can also support us by visiting our Patreon page.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Disclaimer: The information provided is not meant to replace treatment with a licensed health care practitioner. It is for informational purposes only. Consult with a Naturopathic Doctor or other licensed health care professional to determine which treatments are safe for you.