Episode 11: How to Get Your Kids to Bed, Effortlessly, Using Process Improvement; Sleep Better and Reduce Stress Using Bullet Journaling and Digital Minimalism
In today’s episode, Dr. Lisa talks with process improvement consultant (and mom of almost 3) Nicole North of Whiteboard Consulting about how process improvement makes your life easier and reduces mom stress – from getting your kids to bed at night and out of the house in the morning to keep track of all of the important and mundane things that are stuck in your head.
In this episode, we cover:
- How Nicole made going to bed fun for her step-daughter
- The importance of off-loading mom burden and increase your kid’s responsibility
- How creating checklists makes routines like getting out of the house with your kids in the morning way less of a nightmare
- The wonders of bullet journaling for creating the world’s best to-do list to keep track of your grocery list, your daily health habits, appointments, personal goals, meeting notes, and everything else in your life
- How bullet journaling reduces your mental workload and stress level as a busy mama
- The difference between using a computer or phone versus using a paper journal
- How to maximize your kid’s naptime and not waste your time on email
- The benefits of practicing digital minimalism on your stress level and sleep quality
Today’s Mama Must Haves:
Dr. Lisa loves her Costco membership for stocking up on toilet paper, organic produce and healthy food staples like chia and hemp seed.
How to Find Nicole North/Whiteboard Consulting:
Find Nicole and Ruth of Whiteboard Consulting on Instagram @whiteboardconsult
Here is the link to Nicole and Ruth’s podcast “At The Whiteboard”
Here is Nicole’s blog post on “How I Used a Process Map to Make a Kid Go To Bed”.
FREE online courses from Whiteboard Consulting:
Here is Nicole and Ruth’s free online course: “Bullet Journaling: The Ultimate Organizational Hack”
Thank you for joining us today!
Have any comments, suggestions or burning questions? Email us or connect with us on Facebook and Instagram. We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5 star rating if you enjoyed this episode.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!