Episode 92: Love-Led Nourishment & the Importance of Eating Live Food with Cristina Tahoces
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:01:09 — 49.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | Deezer | RSS | More
In today’s episode, Dr. Lisa talks with holistic nutritionist Cristina Tahoces about Love-Led Nourishment. Learn how the intentional choice towards live food helps you connect to your own positive feelings of love and self-worth. Stuck in a cycle of mindless binge eating or feeling deprived? If you don’t have a positive relationship with food, you’re not alone. This episode is for you.
“The only why that is strong enough to counter stress and the voice of the inner critic is love”Cristina Tahoces
Cristina Tahoces is a holistic nutritionist and owner of Thrive Nutrition Practice, a global online wellness business focused on building physical and mental health resilience to stress through a nutritional approach she calls “love-led nourishment”. A former corporate banker, Cristina turned to nutrition to help herself heal from chronic allergies & adrenal fatigue. Over the years, she has helped clients with high stress profiles improve sleep, immunity & energy levels, relieve irritable bowel symptoms and reverse high blood pressure – all through her in-depth knowledge about how to use food therapeutically. In 2017, she shared her nutritional strategy “Sleep Love Poop” on the TEDx stage as part of the TED Women’s Global Conference. She uses the themes of Sleep Love Poop to help her clients both in private consultation and through her group programs, which she runs several times a year.
In this episode, we cover:
- How the food choices we make, especially under stress, are dictated by emotion instead of logic
- The importance of asking yourself what you could choose to eat that would show yourself love, kindness, compassion and respect
- The difference between “live” food and “dead” food and their impact on your energy
- How to get your kids excited about live foods like fruit and how to make an apple doughnut
- The key to pressing pause on your inner critic and increasing self-compassion
- How practicing is more important than knowing
- The importance of re-labelling dinner time as an investment in your physical and mental health instead of a chore
- How to trade up your food with nutrient dense foods to feel satiated and prevent overeating or feeling deprived
- The importance of switching from fight or flight mode to rest and digest mode in order to practice intuitive eating and Love-Led Nourishment
- Vagus nerve breathing exercise: inhale to count of 4, pause for count of 3, exhale through the mouth to count of 8
- How drinking water can massively impact your mental clarity and energy level
- The importance of protein and a variety of vegetables with every meal
Watch Cristina’s TEDx talk Sleep Love Poop here: https://www.ted.com/talks/prahlad_kakkar_sleep_love_poop_nutrition_s_role_in_mind_body_strength
Connect with Cristina on Facebook at Thrive Nutrition Practice and Instagram at @thrivenpcristina
Check out Thrive’s “Sleep Love Poop” Group Coaching Programmes
Thrive & AmyA Fitness Bootcamps: where the best in mindful fitness & nutrition is combined to give you the results you want on a platter. New Bootcamp coming in October.
Women. Lead. Now.: a leadership coaching masterclass series for women looking to rewrite the rules of leadership and lead with clarity, confidence, competence and courage. Starts October 5th.
Today’s Mama Must Have:
Cristina loves being glued to her 600ml Lifefactory glass water bottle instead of her phone and her Kitchenaid mini food processor for chopping veggies, dips and sauces.
Dr. Lisa is a big fan of super comfortable Smash and Tess Rompers.
Dr. Toni’s next HypnoBirthing info session for expecting parents looking to trust their instincts and their body during labour and birth is September 27. Join her at https://www.hypnobirthingcalgary.com/register
Dr. Lisa’s Wild Collective begins again in Fall 2021: get on the waitlist: wildcollectivetoronto.com
Email us or connect with us on Facebook and Instagram.
We’d love you to subscribe, leave us a review and a 5-star rating if you enjoyed this episode.
Please tell your perimenopausal mama friends about us, too!
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Disclaimer: The information provided in this presentation is not meant to replace treatment with a licensed health care practitioner. It is for informational purposes only. Consult with a Naturopathic Doctor or other licensed health care professional to determine which treatments are safe for you.